A to Z - Fear



Its been a whirlwind of couple days.

Arrived on Monday, got all the laundry done, spending time with friends, hanging out with my daughter…  getting ready for another trip…  yikes, life is crazy…

I could have picked quite a few words that began with the letter F

Forgiveness
Fruit
Favorite

But…  Fear…

According to Merriam Webster
: to be afraid of (something or someone)
: to expect or worry about (something bad or unpleasant)
: to be afraid and worried

There is something about being afraid that brings out the absolute worst in me.  I am UGLY when I am afraid.  I read that fear not or do not be afraid is mentioned like 100 times in the bible.  Clearly, God knew I wasn’t too bright and had to be reminded a lot.  

I think of all the things that can bring me further from the heart of God than fear.  It means I don’t trust Him.  Ugh.

Remember when I went to Germany last year?  One of the main reasons why I hated it was because I was afraid.  

This last trip to Haiti, fear overcame me like nothing I have ever experienced before.
You know what happens when I am afraid? I get big, I HULK up, it’s like this video


Ever notice that the Hulk when Hulked up is not very attractive?  Yeah, I’m not either.

Apparently I need to work on this.

But the good news is that God is pretty clear throughout the bible, but one of my favorite scriptures is Josh 1:1-9 and so there is no reason to be afraid.

After the death of Moses the servant of the Lord, the Lord said to Joshua son of Nun, Moses’ aide: 2 “Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them—to the Israelites. 3 I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. 4 Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west. 5 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
7 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

God is always working in me.  ALWAYS.  He is with me wherever I go.  ALWAYS. 

Comments

THANK YOU for sharing this post. Spoke deeply to me.

Blessings,
Connie