Where the love lasts forever...

its seems that all this gray is making me blue.  I've had a ray or two of sunshine (I got 3 5-gal water cooler thingies at Walmart yesterday for half off! for the mission trip.  I know NERD, however, I feel like it was a blessing from God, I think I only need 2 more!) here and there, but I'm ready for spring!

I've been kind of in a funk, I can't tell you one thing or another, I just know that I feel like I'm not being used (by God) and I'm tired.  I'm switching programs at work, and I love my old team (most of them) and I am excited to work on my new team (I love the eng lead! and program manager) and it will be good, but I'm not a big fan of change, so I think there might be some issues there (even though my head knows there shouldn't be) and really I am excited!  Also, my heart is breaking for some people who are having a hard time being real, my heart is breaking for choices being made by others, its hard to see others hurt themselves (but doesn't make me love them less).

I was listening to 'where the love lasts forever' by Hillsong United and normally I post the Youtube and the lyrics at the end... but here they are... (I gotta keep you people guessing!)

Your mercy found me
Upon the broken road
And lifted me beyond my failing
Into Your glory my sin and shame disolved
And now forever Yours Ill stand


In love never to end
To call You more than Lord
Glorious friend


So Ill throw my life
Upon all that You are
Cause I know You gave it all for me
And when all else fades
My soul will dance
With You where the love lasts forever


And forever I will sing
Lord forever I will sing
How You gave Your life away
Just to save me
Lord You saved me


Where the love lasts forever I will be with You
Where the love lasts forever I will sing to You
Where the love lasts forever I will dance with You
Where the love lasts forever

I was just thinking about how this funk is just a vapor, that loving the Lord is forever.  That its often in the quiet that we grow close to Him, a lot of people look forward to heaven because its paradise, but really, while we are here on this earth, the love lasts forever, in this time, I'm just trying to be quiet.  Being still is not easy for me, however, it is necessary. Also I will stay focused completely on Him. In the song it says:
So Ill throw my life
Upon all that You are
Cause I know You gave it all for me
And when all else fades
My soul will dance
With You where the love lasts forever


How can I do anything but praise Him when my life is in His hands, living for Him?

Phil 3:13-16 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

15All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Comments