Worrying for Nothing!

I read Gen 32

I asked God to speak to me before I started reading.  Isn't it crazy...  the whole chapter.  Jacob, who God promised blessings is still wrestling with God? He's afraid of Esau and sends a whole bunch of peeps and gifts ahead of him.

Don't we do that?  don't we try to buy our way out of trouble?  but really we can't.  We can never do enough!

I am so thankful that in my mess, God is.  God is what?  He is everything.  He was/is the gift that went before me to get me out of my mess!

Just one more reason to praise Him!!

Then Gen 33

Jacob and Esau meet.  And here all that worrying that Jacob did was FOR NOTHING!   And even though Esau saw favor upon Jacob, Jacob is still trying to say 'here, take it, it's yours, I'm just so glad you spared me'.

Makes me think of serving and our (my) reasons why... I always want my reasons of serving to be pure (worship) not something that I am 'trying to pay back' to Jesus.  He doesn't need me.  but... HE WANTS ME, HE LOVES ME!!!  that's another reason to praise Him.

As part of communion in the Catholic church, they say "Lord, I am not worthy to receive You, but just say the word and I shall be healed".  I am not worthy, but how many times God has come into my heart and healed me from my own mess, or something in my past. Nothing I can do will work it out, but He does!  So many times He tells us not to worry... It reminds me, once again, that God is working it out for my good.  AMAZING!

My heart is rejoicing this morning!

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose

Comments