I love loving!


I serve at a church/soup kitchen once a month that is in my city. It is because of a bunch of awesome people who were faithful when God called that I am able to do that. It’s amazing to see God’s provision when we go to put the leftovers in the fridge and it’s overflowing!  It’s a good problem to have!

It seems that every time we serve a meal we say “I think that’s our favorite to serve” whether it’s meatballs, tacos, chili, fried chicken, breakfast, or chili dogs!  I think it’s an excellence thing.  When we serve we don’t just show up, our hearts are open wide, we’ve planned from the kind of plate we buy (we try to buy the Dixie kind with an edge so stuff doesn’t fall off), to all the fixin’s, dessert, drinks.  We try. 

It is only by God’s grace and love are we blessed in blessing others.  It is Him who wrote on our hearts to love in food.  It is Him who saved us. It is Him who provides the funds for the meals.  It is Him. 

He is all over our serving because He loves us.  He allows it to be our favorite no matter what we serve.

I’m so thankful for the opportunity to not only serve a meal, to spend time with my friends, but to love with a gift that He gave me.

1 Cor 16:14 Do everything in love


Comments