Chosen


I was working today…
I was working on me.
I’ve already read the book “You’re already amazing”, it’s a great book.
Today, I knew I needed to work on somethings about me.
I knew I was up for a battle, and like any beautiful, intelligent, Jesus loving woman, you know that you never go into battle without the proper shoes… and a bunch of also Jesus loving women praying for you.

So I read, and I opened my heart.  And I read, and I spoke, and I prayed, and I listened. 

There was a section I needed to work on…  
What is the lie I’ve believed? (I never feel chosen, I feel like I don't matter)
What is the truth God wants me to believe instead? (I am chosen)
Scripture that shares this truth?

First I am going to tell you a secret about me.  People think I’m so knowledgeable about the bible. And I will tell you… I do know and love the bible, but I’m no pastor… sometimes when I can’t find something but I know a word in the scripture I am trying to find, I use the “search” function on biblegateway.com.  I know… you’re thoughts of me have now just deflated like a balloon that was let go after being filled up.  Well, I’ve always said “it’s important to know where to get the information that you need, because you’ll never know EVERYTHING”. And... never underestimate google :)

So I looked up the word chosen.  Because the truth that God wants me to believe is that I am CHOSEN.

I looked up 2 Thes 2:13-14
13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I’m not a biblical scholar.  I have no idea of the context of this verse (and don’t go ruining it for me).

I read this verse, and do you see that part where it says “first fruits”.  Yes, FIRST.  Not last on picked on the playground.  FIRST. 

Now, you know that when the last person accepts Christ in the book of life, we all get to go Home.  (and Dear Lord, I’m ready).  Someone has to be last.  Now, God doesn’t love me anymore than He loves that person but He chose me to love Him… and He called me to SHARE in the glory of Jesus.  That means (in my feible little mind) that He trusts me to go make disciples like He says in His word (Matthew 28), and that I know that His love is in me so that I can pour it, spill it, hug it, drill it (as in a well), cook it (people gotta eat you know) all over others so that they will come to know Him.

I was telling my friend Sheila about this revelation I had, and I was crying.  Seriously, doesn’t (if my crazy revelation is true – and you love Jesus too) make you just want to “GO!”.  Let nothing get in your way, you are CHOSEN by the Creator, the Beginning and the End, the Author of Life, to go spread the Gospel, The Good News, the Greatest Story Ever Told, the Love like no other to everyone you know. 

Don’t get me wrong, we will mess up, but He loves us, and forgives us… and He’s in us to keep going, for His glory so that others may have life and have it to the full (John 10:10).

I thank God for those women who prayed for me today.  I am loved.

I am chosen.


(I’m also thankful for cute, water-proof shoes, and a jacket, it was freezing where I was!)

Comments