Where am I going??



with a beautiful sunset like this,
how can I not believe that
God loves me?

So... I am heading back to Downriver from Detroit, I was going to hop on 94W from Livernois, and so I'm sitting in the left turn lane... WAITING FOR THE GREEN ARROW! It turns green... I turn left, and then it says... "wrong way" I almost freaked out... thankfully no cars were coming... and my friend Sam is laughing her tail off. And I'm sitting there thinking "how in the world did I do that?" and FINALLY she stops laughing and she says "wasn't there a left turn light there?" and I said "YES!!!!!" and now we are both laughing, and I'm thinking what the heck??? That could have had an awful end result. But by the Grace of God go I...


And today I was listening to Gen 16 about Sarai who wasn't very patient about the plans God had for her, and decided to make her own way in order to give Abram a son... And you can read the story yourself, but here Sarai is impatient, and can't you just see Abram (Abraham) as he says in verse 6 “Your slave is in your hands,” Abram said. “Do with her whatever you think best.” Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her. Frustrated... I am sure for a long time Sarai (Sarah) complained about not being able to give Abram a family... if only they would have waited and did it as God intended, would have saved a lot of pain and anguish, I am sure. (I won't even begin to address the issue with Abram not stepping up and saying "knock it off woman!")

Both of these stories are about going the wrong way, one by our choice, and one not so much. Both full of God's grace.

It's important to know where you're going, it's important to have a plan, and most importantly, it's important to know GOD'S PLAN for your (my) life.

I have submitted my paperwork to go to Haiti this summer. Something I've been praying about for a long time, and the answer had already come.

There is a lot planned for 2013... some things at this point God has let me in on and some things He hasn't. I'm excited about 2013! Like you know how when you get a new job and you're all excited, and you think "this is going to be AMAZING!!" and somehow it takes more work than you thought, or it wasn't like you expected, or maybe we forget to have a heart of gratitude. oh, wait, maybe that's just me.

I want to be excited about what God has planned! I want to have a heart of gratitude. I even started a gratitude journal (thank you Karen!!), I have a map (the bible) to lead the way! I have the best "tour guide EVER" (Jesus) to take me to the best places!

Going His way!

Sending love!

 


 
Gen 16

Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian slave named Hagar; 2 so she said to Abram, “The Lord has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her.”

Abram agreed to what Sarai said. 3 So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. 4 He slept with Hagar, and she conceived. When she knew she was pregnant, she began to despise her mistress. 5 Then Sarai said to Abram, “You are responsible for the wrong I am suffering. I put my slave in your arms, and now that she knows she is pregnant, she despises me. May the Lord judge between you and me.”


6 “Your slave is in your hands,” Abram said. “Do with her whatever you think best.” Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her.


The angel of the Lord found Hagar near a spring in the desert; it was the spring that is beside the road to Shur. 8 And he said, “Hagar, slave of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?”

“I’m running away from my mistress Sarai,” she answered.

9 Then the angel of the Lord told her, “Go back to your mistress and submit to her.” 10 The angel added, “I will increase your descendants so much that they will be too numerous to count.”


11 The angel of the Lord also said to her:
“You are now pregnant
you will give birth to a son.
You shall name him Ishmael,[a]
for the Lord has heard of your misery.
12 He will be a wild donkey of a man;
his hand will be against everyone
and everyone’s hand against him,
and he will live in hostilitytoward[b] all his brothers.”
13 She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen[c] the One who sees me.” 14 That is why the well was called Beer Lahai Roi[d]; it is still there, between Kadesh and Bered.
15 So Hagar bore Abram a son, and Abram gave the name Ishmael to the son she had borne. 16 Abram was eighty-six years old when Hagar bore him Ishmael.







Comments