Words and emotion....


This is a part of post I shared with my team... I thought I'd share some of my heart as I prepare to leave for Uganda. I'm pretty much packed and what I still need is on a list to get this weekend. I'm pretty much a professional mission trip packer by this point!

HOWEVER!!

I saved the hardest task for last! Writing my testimony.

I saved the "hardest " thing on my list for last for a few reasons. I hate speaking in public, mostly because I hate people looking at me... I knew that it was gonna be emotional AND God has done so much in my life and heart I could probably talk for 10 YEARS without stopping to breathe, eat, or sleep (or even pee!)

I started doing a reading plan on the Bible app about who God is! Because I knew it would speak to me, and I love learning about who He is and where it is in the bible! He's a Mighty God!

I finally settled on the verse Eph 2:10 to build my testimony around. I started writing and it was so overwhelming, I got so emotional I had to stop writing because my words weren't clear.

I don't know what God will do with all these words and feelings but the work that He's done in my heart just preparing for this is overwhelming! His grace! His love!

Maybe it's easy for you to write God's story in your life and then talk about it in front of people (you're so lucky!!!) but that has always been my struggle! I'm hoping I don't pass out speaking or start crying like a crazy but if I do... God will be there, just like He always is!

Here's a song that has been on repeat in my brain and heart lately


Comments