Chicken Veggie Gumbo

My friend Netta is an inspiration to me in so many ways.  Sunday, I found myself following her advise of breathing in the name of Jesus when I was stressed out. Jes (in) - us (out).  She used to update a blog with funny things and recipes and meal plans (I miss it).  One recipe she made that I loved can be found here ---> http://www.realnetta.com/nettas-niche-chicken-gumbo

I adapted it a little and made it this week!  So good!!

CHICKEN GUMBO (Chilton Style)
1 onion chopped
1-2 Tbl minced garlic
2 carrots, sliced thin
3 stalks of celery, sliced thin
1 lb. pkg frozen sliced okra
1 quart size can of tomatoes
1 bag of cauliflower rice
2 cans water
1 Maggi boullion cube
1 pound of chicken
2 T of Tony's Creole seasoning


Stove Top instructions:
In a stock pot cook thawed chicken, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic on high for several minutes.

Add all other ingredients and cook on low 1-2 hours
   

Comments