The grip of fear!

I've tried posting this 3 times... typed it out only to have the words all disappear... ugh!

Do you know who Alton Coleman is?

He's a serial killer.  When I was young this man was on the run near the marina where we kept our boat.   He was on the banks of the Ecorse Creek.  The chief of police of Ecorse kept his boat there too, so we knew what was going on.  I remember there was police officers, a helicopter, it was a little crazy.

I didn't know that this affected me at all... I mean this kind of stuff happens to everyone right?  A serial killer on the loose by you when you are 9 or 10. 

What in the world!

I was at church on Sunday, during worship and I have been working through a lot of things and during worship, heart wide open, I said "I trust You, you can have all this, all the past, all the future, whatever I need, send it.  I trust You as I work through the pain."

Then... all of a sudden, I had this feeling that I didn't even know where it came from.  I was taken back to that day and I just felt like I had that fear... what if the police don't catch that man, what if he kills me?  what if he gets my dad and kills him?  what will happen to me? who will take care of me?  I mean in that moment, it felt so real. 

And then God.  Then I felt this crazy calm come over me.  God protected me.  He let no harm come to me or my family.    "You are my beloved." He whispered.  It was, as it says in the bible, "a peace that surpasses all understanding"

I'm not saying that if something bad has happened that God has forgotten or left behind someone else.  Because I don't know why or how things happen.   I just know the hand of God has been all over my life.  And that is not lost on me.  Not for one moment.

Thank You God.

For this moment and the peace it brought

Thank You for my church

Thank You for our worship team that leads me to the throne of grace, heart wide open.

For Your protection

For Your grace

For fierce Love

Fear has no hold on me.  It is finished.






Comments