The journey of grief: "things"


My whole life my dad had this recipe box. Full of these weird recipes that he never used. I have no idea why alllllll these years he kept the box. Maybe it was something my mom bought, I'm not sure. No one EVER talks about her cooking lol 

As we have been cleaning out my dads home, i don't just take the boxes and put them away, i leave them out till it stresses me out And drives me crazy and i put all the stuff away. 

There it was.

What the heck am i going to do with this thing i couldn't seem to part with.... but also don't need?!?!


So i put it on the table and picked up a gardening catalog where (of course!!!) i found a seed holder that i "really" needed instead of using my shoebox with homemade in dividers.  Then i looked at the "recipe holder"... i think that could work!!! And soooooo.... i took out the recipes, and repurposed it!!

Saved myself $52 that i didn't need to spend anyway

Saved something from the landfill 

And now have something to contain/hold my seeds! 


Thanks Dad! 



Comments