The journey of grief: eggs or omelettes any style


 

When i grew up my dad would make breakfast on weekends or on vacation.

We'd go to Put-in-Bay and Cedar Point in July and we'd go North of Detroit- Port Huron, Chatham, places on Lake St. Clair.  It was so great!  We'd all eat breakfast together and usually have dinner together. My dad would tell stories about how we went to a steakhouse and I ordered pork chops and everyone said "PORK CHOPS?!" until they came out and the next year...  you guessed it...  many people ordered pork chops!  


My dad made the breakfast including - best potatoes!  I'm so thankful that both my and my daughter can make them!


My favorite (and pretty much everyone else's) was ham, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, American cheese omelette. 


Many weeks I make an egg bake - for the last couple weeks it was spinach, tomatoes, asparagus, broccoli, and goat cheese. I make it in a rectangle pan - eat it Sunday - Friday. I divide it up and put it in glass containers for meal prep. It has made life a lot easier - especially with intermittent fasting. the original idea for the egg bake came from here


This week i decided to do a "bobs diner" special with a twist. 

Ham 

Pepper

Mushroom

Onion 

Spinach (a healthy add) 

Cheese 


I also have recently added blended cottage cheese for additional protein. 


So many great memories!! I'm glad for so many good times with my dad!!



Comments