LIGWM - cutting back


 I got home from El Paso/Juarez today.  I was thinking "I'm gonna spend 2 hours in the garden today... just watering"

That seems overwhelming sometimes but I do surely love being out in the garden seeing the growth, the beautiful flowers that greet me as I pull up to my house.

And then it started raining.  Pouring rain.  And I felt kind of bad for my Uber driver because I hate driving in the rain and it can be dangerous, but I will tell you, I was relieved, I thought if this keeps up, I won't have to water my garden.  

I had no idea if I was going to come home to crispy flowers and plants or thriving ones!  I am thankful to report that the flowers and plants are all THRIVING!

Thankfully I gave the tomatoes "hair cuts" before I left so that they weren't unruly when I came home.  

Since I didn't have to water, I decided to get some more flowers planted...  believe it or not, everything purchased and planted in May is still not in the ground...  I got 20+ plants in the ground tonight and I am so thankful that I didn't have to water so I could get those flowers planted...  Let's not talk about what I have left...  

I was planting some cosmos - one that I bought and one that I planted from seeds.  Both plant had the roots that were growing way outside the containers but the plants were shorter than they normally get and blooming. I had to cut the plants out of the containers they were going in.

I thought about how in life we are in a spot, were are blooming and growing but growing to our full potential. Change is difficult, sometimes we have to cut our way out of situations in order to grow.

I'm evaluating things in my life that I am out growing and what needs to change so I can grow to my full potential.  It may be painful, like cutting back roots, but I will come back stronger.

I learn so many lessons in the garden, but growth is always a common theme.

Comments