The Journey of Grief: Promises to myself

 I've been really working on walking 6 days a week.  I try every day to hit 10K steps.    A few weeks ago I was at 15K per day.

Today I was tired and I really didn't want to go walk, and I had already closed my rings, but I didn't intentionally walk.  

So I put on my running (walking LOL) pants and went for a 15 minute walk... which turned into 16 minutes.  I know it's not much, but I lapped every day I didn't walk.  

I gave myself grace yesterday, it was a really really hard day.  And maybe I should have walked but I just needed to rest.  And it's important to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

but today I needed to walk.  so I did.

I have a big vacation planned in September and I want to be ready for it.

I have the Second Act of my life that I want to be ready for!

I have a promised myself I'd make some changes for the better for myself.  

I used to have a Barry Sanders ad at my desk.  It reminded me to always go for it!

So I'll keep my promises to myself, and I will continue to be the best me that I can be!


Too often we are scared. 
Scared of what we might not be able to do. 
Scared of what people might think if we tried. 
We let our fears stand in the way of our hopes. 
We say no when we want to say yes. 
We sit quietly when we want to scream. 
And we shout with the others, when we should keep our mouths shut.
Why?
After all, we only go around once.
There’s no time to be afraidSo stop.
Try something you’ve never tried. Risk it.
Enter a triathlon. 
Write a letter to the editor. 
Demand a raise. 
Call winners at the toughest court. 
Throw away your television. 
Bicycle across the United States. 
Try bobsledding. 
Try anything. 
Speak out against the designated hitter. 
Travel to a country where you don’t speak the language. 
Patent something. 
Call her.
You have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain.
JUST DO IT.
Barry Sanders – Running Back, Detroit Lions, 5’8″


Comments