The Journey of Grief: time is a thief

 One thing I've learned through  grief is to hold onto love. And to cherish our times together 

There are days in our lives that seem perfect and unassuming and hard and beautiful all at the same time.  The kind that in a million years (or 20) I'll never forget. 


In my mind, she's still the little girl in the back fist pumping "take take take it all" 


She's the first one to make me an Auntie though she always writes "aunty" and i love it. 

She's kind 

She's sensitive 

She's fierce

She's loving 

You think that maybe something doesn't bother her, but it does, but she will love right through it. 

She doesn't always say what she wants to say but when she does... oh it almost knocks you over. 

She's grace 

She's talented

She loves God

She serves those she loves 

She doesn't love being the center of attention but she will do it with a smile and a grace that I'll admire all my days. 

She's brave

She's strong - and strong than she knows. 


I could go on and on about my Ava. 

You know they say that time is a thief. It's true. But you know what else is true? That I've made the best of my time with her. Though I'd take her to the grocery store for an "adventure" - never mind that they'd come home with a cereal they liked or ice cream.... 


She'll grow up and we will be friends. Our time will be different. And it will be beautiful. 


We have to make the most of our days. Because time is indeed a thief, but love will set us free. 

Comments