Miss Margs Brownies

 I've been making this recipe for brownies for over 10 years!  Though it seems like just yesterday.  I wanted to make a dessert for our Table Potluck but I didn't really feel like making cupcakes.  I thought well I'll just make brownies since I always have all the things and they are really easy.  I normally top them with mini choc chips but I had a bag of mini m&m's that I thought I'd use up.  (by the way, I don't like plain M&M's - I only really like peanut or peanut butter).

This recipe also makes me think of my friend Netta's kids because once I made them and their youngest daughter yelled "Miss Margs made brownies!". They are the only kids who ever called me that :)

So here's my recipe - its easy and I always have the stuff on hand.

1 - 12 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
1 1/4 c flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
3 eggs, beaten

(1 c mini chocolate chips optional)

Heat oven 350*

Heat chocolate chips and butter in 3 qt saucepan over low heat stirring g frequently, until smooth. Remove from hear. Stir in remaining ingredients (once mixed you can add the additional 1 c choc chips or even nuts if you want)

Spread batter in ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.


Comments