Miss Shirley


Today I went into the bank. I hate going into the bank. I hate waiting, I hate going out into the cold, and besides, I'm always afraid the bank is going to be robbed.

However, today was different. I walked through the metal detector and it allowed me in. I was waiting, I have a limited time to go to the bank due to the fact that I have to go on my lunch hour. (Please note, if you do not work outside the home, please do all of us working outside the home moms/wives a favor and don't shop or bank between 11:30 and 1PM - you're killing me!)

So... back to the bank.... Miss Shirley was there. She was taking quite awhile... she was jibber jabbering away... and then it came. Jesus and blessings. For 5 minutes she went on and on about blessings and how God blesses us.
Oh, thank you Jesus. I needed to be slowed down. I needed to hear someone PROCLAIM His love!

Oh! thank You Jeses for Miss Shirley! She is a blessing to all those who are around her!

Matthew 5:14 14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.

Comments

Deb said…
Isn't it awesome when God puts someone in our path to remind us of His great love for us? I love it when He does that!
Trish said…
Just when we need to take a breather and slow ourselves down the sweet Holy Spirit shows us His awesome power!
KayMac said…
Made me think....I need to be Miss Shirley to more people!!
Constance said…
You don't have to worry about running into me. I try and do my errands on Mondays and Fridays when I am off work. I also prefer to go EARLY! I loathe shopping in that 1PM time frame because there are too mny youngn's needing a nap and their poor mothers are trying to get stuff done. Can't stand whing children, I wouldn't listen to my own so why would I want to listen to strangers'?

Yesterday I had one of those slow down, breathe deep moments. I forget sometimes that I am so busy with MY own agenda that I don't sit still & listen to what God might be calling me to do.
Connie
Mrs. Mac said…
Great message you overheard from Miss Shirley. I only shop on the weekdays when I have no children at home. The hours vary.
Jada's Gigi said…
I love this! God does that sometimes doens't He? Just drops something/someone right in our face. :) and I agree with you 100% about the stay at home moms staying at home between 11:30 and 1pm weekdays.! LOL :)Great idea!
I need to be Ms shirley more often too!
donna said…
create in me a Miss Shirley
thank you Lord
Pat said…
I was in Walmart the other day fuming while waiting in line. It was soooo slow I wanted to leave my cart there and walk out. I needed to be a Shirley at that moment. Thanks for the reminder.
Sara said…
miss shirley is fabulous but what is that picture? i think i'm a'scared of it.
Margie said…
Sara, I thought it was cool... city on a hill...
Sara said…
ohhhh! i thought it was cities on top of ice cream cones! or floating mushrooms.