Feed my sheep


 When i started going to Santos Church i started making lunches based on lunches i made for AWOL except now i make sandwiches too (pb&j).  Every week i make them and take them to the community fridge. I take the verse when Jesus tells Peter to feed his sheep - really seriously. It's a true gift to be able to feed people. Especially after lacking meals for myself in my past. 

I'll be honest sometimes when I'm out of deodorant for the hygiene kits or it's a big month of ordering i think "man, can i just skip them this month" but considering how much my own shampoo costs, the answer is always yes... and i order them. 

And i can't believe the cost of cookies & Rice Krispie treats now! Stupid pandemic. 

I don't do any of that because I'm nice. I promise you, I'm not nice left to my own accord. But I'm obedient. I do what He says. 

During worship every week, M & O help me put the lunches together- i do it during church so the sandwiches don't get smashed. A few weeks D started making the lunch bags together with us. Today D was waiting for me to make the lunches! i saw a homeless guy so i was going to take a lunch but i needed to make the lunch right away. I sent him in to get the stuff. He knew right what to get! We all put the rest together. I can't tell you how happy it

Makes me to do this with them all! I can't believe God chooses me to do these things. 

Sometimes when i serve i get to meet the people i serve, they become friends and i miss them when they aren't around. And sometimes i don't get to see who i serve. I'll be honest sometimes it's harder not to see the happiness of filling someone's belly. I don't get to see the need being met.  It's hard to remain faithful when i don't get to see their faces. 


But today i was reminded we never know what seeds we plant when we are faithful. 


“So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.”

‭‭John‬ ‭21‬:‭15‬ ‭

Comments