Just as hate knows love's the cure

 Today I opened my fb and saw someone's post "I stand with Israel" and I thought "why don't you just post 'I'm a racist and hate innocent people.'"

maybe I understand where someone might be coming from when they post that.

I may have a different perspective.  Well I am sure I do.

I understand what the Bible says about Israel.  But you know what else the Bible says...  love God. Love people.

Bombing innocent people is not love.  No peace has ever come by war.  Please name me one time where war brought peace.  I'll wait...

Well I won't.

We can't bomb our way to peace.  We just can't. And post like "I stand with" only bring division.  

I went to Poland a few weeks ago.  It was my very favorite place of the whole trip.

You know why?  I felt hope.

There was a bridge.  The bridge took my breath away.  

"Together we are rebuilding what should have never been destroyed"

why can't, as humanity, we learn from the past. 

My family came from Poland

My family fled from Yugoslavia (now Slovenia)

My friend's were refugees from Lebanon 

Friend's families ran for their lives from Venezuela

War is everywhere.  hate is the cure for nothing.

I'm sickened and saddened by it.

I feel so powerless over it all.  But I know that I carry God's love wherever I go.  So I will do what I can, when I can until I can't.

Maybe it's just biscuits and apple butter

Maybe it's caramel apple bar at work

Or lunch for our teams

A meal, a sandwich

I don't know. But everyday.  Whenever. Wherever.  Lord, make my life Your upper room






Comments