Being a Christian can be so easy and so hard. I remember the day I was singing "I can sing of your love forever" and the next song... "Draw me close". I remember big crocodile tears, streaming down my face. I was not in a good place. Actually for the first time in months, almost a year, I was in the best place I could be, realizing that I could sing of His love forever, He never left me, He carried me through the dark places I had chosen to go. And I wanted Him to pull me so close, to that safe place, where all the harm, the sadness, the deepest darkest hurt, it was all gone. I could literally feel God take it away, like I was carrying 1000 tons (yes, really that heavy) I felt Him lift it because only He knew my secret. And only He could free me from it. I remember that day, March 13, 2004.

I won't lie, I thought that day, my life is changed, I'm renewed, I'm fixed, my faults, they are going away, I'm going to be better. WOO HOO! I'm a Christian. Can i tell you, my walk is long. VERY long... These boots were made for walkin'... Good thing too, because I have a long way to go. And as I sit, trying to release some anger towards others, and someone said to me "Great Christian you are". I'm a sinner, I try, I fall, I get back up (God picks me up), I try again. I don't quit trying to be better. I don't quit living my life for Him.

2 Corintians 5:17
17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

You're probably wondering, what the heck is she getting at...

Well, THE WORD tells us that once we are in Christ, that the old has gone, and the new has come, the lessons I've learned make me better and stronger. To go back is my decision (that darn free will thing) but really, I feel that if I commit my life to Christ, it is better, and that the old, it's gone, and I need to look to His word to help me get through each trial, each lesson. Because I am God's girl, and I may not be perfect, but He is, and He died for me (and you) so that we can be new again. And I want Him to use me.

I'm thankful for that day, the day that I became new again.

Comments

Sara said…
margie, that's so true. we need to remember that we are new and continually being renewed! what a great scripture to focus the day on!
grace!