I’m IMPORTANT!!

Let me first start by saying that I am an ‘actions speak louder than words’ kind of girl… Action Speak Volumes!!

Most of my life I felt like I was less than anyone and everyone, and part of me still really feels that way. We can start with the thing that bothers me the most. My mom died. Let me tell you, I know that this wasn’t her fault. I know… I know… but I wondered how come God didn’t love me enough to let me get to keep her. I know… I know… it’s all part of The Plan. I always felt like I was never going to amount to anything in the eyes of my family, I was never going to be a “Mercy Nurse”. Nope. I’d surely puke on each and every one of my patients. Not the job for me. Thought being a teacher would be a great idea, I loved kids… but nope. So… I ended up working for one of the greatest companies in the world (I can say that, we’re global) as an admin, really, a card sorter, but whatever, now, Sales and Marketing, I LOVE what I do, and I have a heart for it (it’s hard to understand how I could have a heart for Sales) but I love it!! I sometimes feel like I failed my whole family.

Let me tell you, if you make me feel unimportant (even though you could SAY that I am important to you) whether at work, home, school, wherever, I will be so MAD!! Not angry, MAD. My stuff always has to wait because something or someone is more important. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease, I understand it, but I don’t like to squeak.

So I must decide how am I going to handle it next time (this time is already too late, I cried). How do I get people to realize that I am important, and what I do is important (otherwise I would find something else to do). But really, is it them who need to realize that I am important or is it me who needs to realize that I’m important? Is it my fears that make me feel like I am less than anyone else? How come I don't always look at the good things about me? I don't seem to see what everyone else sees.

Dear God,

Today (and probably tomorrow too), help me to see in me what You see in me. Help me to see, and really to focus, on the good things about me. Help me to build on the strengths and the spiritual gifts that You have given me so that everyday I can serve You and Your people better.

Lord, You know my fears, please take them from me.

In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen

Luke 12:4-7 4"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. 6Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Comments