Never judge someone by a dirty car, something has to give.

If you have ever been in my car you would know that on any given day it could look like a teenager's bedroom, anything and everything smashed in the back seat. And then when someone needs to get in the back seat, we just put the stuff in the trunk (the same way kids shove things under the bed, out of sight, out of mind).

If you read yesterday's blog, you know I moved my office to Southfield (I'm really trying to be positive here!!) And my backseat was filled with a few things from my office that could have been broken so I brought them myself. I had to move so much stuff, there barely wasn't any room in the back seat. SO last night I decided I would clean out the car. I found a lot of stuff that I held on to, don't know why, and now have decided to throw it away, heck, i even washed the front car mats!

It occurred to me that my car is like an extension of my life, it needs to be cleaned out, i need to let go of things that I hold on to that are just no good to me any longer. Sometimes it's things from my past that taught me a good lesson or has served it's purpose but now, it's just like that old Taco Bell cup, there's nothing I can do with it now. I need to be cleaned out, go to God, ask Him where I should be and what's my purpose today.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit in me.

P.S. I'm getting all four of my wisdom teeth pulled to day, pray for me.

Comments

Sara said…
yikes! praying!
grace!
Wanda said…
Okay was this directed at me and my dirty car? You are right! Sometimes something has got to give, for me it's my car. hehe