And He set me on fire, and I am burning alive.
With His breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And I cannot hold it in and remain composed.
Love's taken over me and so I propose the letting myself go.
I am letting myself go.

You are my joy.
--David Crowder

My neighbors were not pleased with me today. Well, to be honest, I don’t know if that is true, but my little Toyota Corolla was ‘singing’ You are my Joy by David Crowder REALLY REALLY loud. What can I say, those little radio elves got in there, turned up the radio and I couldn’t hurt their feelings by turning it down :)

I’ve been listening to the ‘Joy’ Series by Pastor J and Pastor Mike. WOW! It blows my mind AWAY because it makes my heart rule. In one of them Pastor J says something like ‘happiness is based on happenings’. Joy comes from within. Joy helps you praise in a storm, like when your family leaves you, when you have food poisoning, when things just don’t go your way. In that same respect, I think sadness is based on happenings too but despair comes from within.

I’ve known God all my life, but I knew Him like a neighbor, but I didn’t really accept Him fully into my heart until about 3 years ago, I tried to hide my despair from Him, and to the outside world I tried to be ‘happy’. Now I have joy, because I know Him. He has set me on fire, I want to spread the love of Jesus like wildfire. I want to ask people who don’t believe “hey knucklehead, how do you deny that He is a Savior” (but I think that would be Stupid Evangelism Trick #265) :) so I am working on other ways to get those I love to know Him, to love Him. And remember He’s not just any Savior, He’s a RISEN Savior. A RISEN SAVIOR, say it with me 'RISEN SAVIOR'. For what you did, for what you’re going to do, He still loves you, and He is Alive. satan, one for God, none for you. Game Over for you, for us, it lives on-- eternally. If you let Him in your heart, to be honest with Him, He will love you, you will have joy.

John 15:11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

Comments