Bloom where you are planted…

I am almost done with school. People continually ask me, “are you going to leave Lear when you graduate?”

My first impulse to say to them is “and where do you think I am going to go? Have you seen the news? Have you read the paper? Have you talked to anyone unemployed? There’s no jobs.”

But that’s the negative in me.


I love my job.

I only got my degree (at least this is how it started) is that if I did get laid off, I would be marketable, but in no way did I do it to get another job. I think, I really do, that I work for one of the most awesomest companies. One that if you work hard, and do a good job, you can work your way up, it’s an amazing place to learn and grow in knowledge and in yourself.

I think that no matter where I am in life, I have learned to bloom where I am planted. I may gripe and complain, but I can always find something good in whatever I do… I really can bloom where I am planted, I can praise in a storm.

There is an awesome book by TD Jakes, “10 Commandments of working in a hostile environment’. I had a job that I loved but I worked with people who just weren’t nice, and I knew I was stuck there, and I had to find a way to ‘bloom’. So I bought the book. Basically the premise is that there is a reason why you are there, to spread the love or Christ, and to grow. This place is just a preparation ground for the next.

It reminds me of the Samartian woman who just wasn’t in a good place, she wasn’t living the greatest testimony, but boy, did Christ use her. BIG TIME! He is so wonderful because sometimes when we are living a life more like a weed, He blooms us into a dandelion with a bright, beautiful, yellow flower, one that kids pick for their moms, one that can make your chin yellow, one that eventually kids seek out to make a wish on (a prayer is a wish directed upward).

Whatever you are doing today, bloom where you are planted, Christ is going to use you in some AMAZING way.

Is 61:11 11 For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations.

Comments