God is in everything.

I used to post in the morning, but lately it's been life lessons that I reflect on at the end of the day. How is God teaching me, or how is He using me today.

Truth be told, I hate scavenger hunts, I hate games. I don't like to lose. Really, that's why I don't like them.

My plan was to stay home from Driven tonight, work on some homework. Then, I got the call, "you're bringing your camera tonight, right?". It was Julie. Oh yeah, I'll be there. I would do almost anything for Julie and the kids. Even go on a scavenger hunt. There are some awesome lessons Julie teaches the kids, and me. We had to find someone with a hockey jersey. You think we could? Nope. Even tried a bar (I went in, no kids). NO hockey jerseys. (I told you I like to win). Ok, so... what to do??!! PRAY!! So I say to the kids, we have to pray. Nikki prays, I get the feeling, I think we're close. We ran up to these random people in a backyard, got the picture. Ran back to the car.

Now, scavenger hunts are fun, team building experiences, and I will tell you, that God used me today. Not only because I have a digital camera, not because I can drive, run, and am creative, but because I said to those kids "take everything you have to the Lord, He's never failed you". I hope the kids remember, but He used me on myself. There have been a lot of things I have been struggling with, but He's never failed me. It's a good reminder. Take everything to the Lord.

John 14:13-14 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Comments