I don’t want to be brave.

I had a completely different blog for today, but I’m afraid. I’m afraid of what people will think. God already knows my heart. He lives there. But I need accountability. I need for someone to check up on me.

I can’t say one thing and live another. I can’t say I’m a Christian and live another life. I’d be double-minded. And I’d be fake. With that said, I fall down all the time. And I want to be brave on so many different levels, with my words, with my actions, and mostly with my heart. Which means that I must consult with “The Man” daily, hourly, and sometimes minute by minute.

“What do you want me to do, Lord? I am your servant, and I know you’ve sent people here to help me. You’ve given me the Holy Spirit to talk to me, to guide me. But still, I’m afraid. I don’t want to be brave.

I don’t want to be brave, but… You told me. You said, “speak it, live it” they will help you.
But it’s hard. But… I’m going to consult some more…

Exodus 14:13Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.
John 14:27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid..

Comments

Sara said…
Being brave is doing the thing that scares you; not never being scared. You're closer than you think.