I love my job.

I know it's crazy, but I really do. I would love to be a caterer, but it's not my time for that, and since I love to cook, I think it's more of a blessing that I don't have to do it everyday, that when I do it, it is for special occasions, and everyone gets their favorite thing (I am not kidding).

The reason I tell you this is that when things don't go as I would like, and I find myself yelling at the top of my lungs (not kidding about this either) "they will not steal my joy!!", I count. I count my blessings instead of burdens. Sounds a little kooky, I know. Sometimes i start with "thank you God for the rain, the flowers need it" or something very small, and before i know it the list is very long and I have a very greatful heart.

Count it all joy - Baby - (James 1:2) is one of my favorite scriptures because of all the things that go on in our lives, we know that God is making us better, stronger. But sometimes counting it all joy means (in my mind) count all the good things. Count them one by one, and praise God for those blessings, one by one.

I love my job, I do, I think it's perfectly suited for me (Thank you, Jesus). I love my house, it's perfectly suited for me (Thank you, Jesus). I love my daughter, she's just plain perfect (Thank you, Jesus). I love my friends (Thank you, Jesus). And God, the weather was beautiful today, thank you.

No matter what happens in my life, I have Christ, and from Him all blessings flow.

Romans 15:11 "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles, and sing praises to him, all you peoples.

Comments

Sara said…
joy joy joy. thanks for reminding me. can you count food poisoning as joy? i guess it means 1. i have food to eat and 2. i lost 3 pounds in the process! remind me when i'm able to stand upright that it's all about the joy! love you sista!
Margie said…
Sara- anytime you lose 3 pounds... you can count it joy!
Margie said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.