It really is all about Him

For real. Do you have any doubts?

We had the Prayer Vigil at FBC yesterday. IT WAS AWESOME!! Sue and Dawn used their spiritual gifts to new highs yesterday.

The first prayer guide I went to was the one about God's Will. Am I doing it? Am I living it? I'd have to be honest and so "for the most part". I want it to be for "always", I need to work on it.

Matthew 26:36-39 36Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray." 37He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me." 39Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Then off to the "Cross of Burdens", write down your burden and nail it to the Cross. LEAVE IT THERE!! Ok, I am going to, it's all in God's hands. I'm sorry, please forgive me, and Help me please. I am so thankful that my sins are washed away by the blood of Jesus.

1Peter2:24 24He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.



Then off to the crown of thrones, Do I believe in Jesus and what He did (and what He is going to do) with my whole heart, to be honest, that was the EASIEST one. YEAP! I do.

Matthew 27:29 29and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand and knelt in front of him and mocked him. "Hail, king of the Jews!" they said.

Next was Communion. I love that one (We had it last time too). I always imagine myself there or more like Jesus with me now. It always brings me closer.

Matthew 26:26-28 26While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." 27Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28This is my blood of the[b] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.


Off to when Mary used the whole thing of perfume to wash Jesus' feet. Ok, maybe I never realized this (and please don't hate me after this... I am only human) but she used her HAIR. I know it's Jesus, I know... I know... but Yikes her hair. But He says after someone gave her a hard time that she could have sold the perfume to help the poor, "you will always have poor, but you will not always have Me". Aren't we lucky? We DO always have Him. He sits at the right hand of the Father, but He also sits at our dinner table, in our car, He stays up with us in the middle of the night when we are worried and cannot sleep. He's with us in all our dark places, and all the places that bring us absolute Joy. (Where two or more are gathered...)

John 12:1-8 1Six days before the Passover, Jesus arrived at Bethany, where Lazarus lived, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. 2Here a dinner was given in Jesus' honor. Martha served, while Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with him. 3Then Mary took about a pint[a] of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus' feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. 4But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5"Why wasn't this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year's wages.[b]" 6He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it. 7"Leave her alone," Jesus replied. " It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me."


Then it's off to the Cross. Oh the Wonderous Cross. It was 13 feet tall. It really could go on tour with the GoodYear Nail. It was huge. It was breathtaking, and it was frightening. As I walked up the candlelit aisle, I was scared. "I'm not worthy". I'm not. It's all Grace and Love. ALL OF IT. It was beautiful. When I looked up at the shadow on the ceiling, He was hanging there. It looked just like Jesus was hanging there. I AM NOT WORTHY... Grace and love, grace and love, grace and love. It's hard to put to words. It was beautiful.

Col 2:13-14 13When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature,[a] God made you[b] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross

Gal 2:20 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me

Grace and Love to you my brothers and sisters. Grace and love to you.

Comments