I've been praying about school a lot. Lots of conversations have been pointed upward. It's because school is always rough for me. I like to be busy, I like to do a lot at church. I like to do a lot with Phyllis and my friends. School really puts a big damper on that. Homework, papers. YUCK. It wears me out. I'm emotional. I could be tired, and I am like a little kid throwing a fit. Not kidding. I could be tired, and one (two or three) things can really set me off. Whatever sets me off is not usually what's wrong, I'm tired, someone is bugging me, I'm mad. When I'm mad, I cry. The problem is that everyone wants to make sure I'm ok I am, just leave me alone.

As an only child, I got time to myself. I enjoyed time to myself. I would spend days in a book. So now, sometimes I crave that time. Silence. Some time that I am not being overstimulated by a million things, a million projects, I just want alone time. Mostly, I want to stop and talk to Jesus. And because I am usually happy (I have a lot of joy) when I retreat, everyone freaks out. Almost like they need me to help them be happy. I like to be happy, but I also like to be sane (it's quirky, I know).

Even Jesus, said, Hey- can you leave me alone for a minute, I need to pray, I need some "alone time". I need it too. Let me tell you, if something is wrong (or that I am upset with you) eventually you will know because I am a straight shooter. If you see me, and I look tired, I look wore out, I probably am. There's really only one thing you can do for me. Pray. Pray that I find strength in the Only one who can get me through, pray that I get some sleep, and pray that I get (or take) the time I need with God. A hug would be good too.

Luke 5:16 6But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed

Comments