Top Ten Reasons…

I am a true believer in counting your blessings not your burdens. Sometimes I’m a dope and begin counting the wrong things… OOPS!! (Please refer to #10 below).
If you’ve been reading my blog you know that I am finishing my last semester. Well, I started yesterday (see #8 below). ICK! 4 papers (I really focus on that) but I have to remember… it’s all in my perspective. I apparantly didn’t have the right glasses (they weren't rose colored) on today, let me tell you! So… I am leaving work, a few minutes late, I just know that traffic is going to be bad (it was). I forgot a copy of my schedule, which means I have to stand in line at the school to get it. I have to stand in line at the bookstore to get my overpriced books, AND I HATE BEING LATE. I am afraid I am going to be late for class. I call Julie. I cry, “it’s only the first day and I am already stressed out” but here is the key part of the rest of our conversation “what do people do when they don’t have God, I have God and it’s still hard”. Not like Paul (formerly Saul) who was chained to a Roman guard but it’s still not the greatest (see I was listening-see #7!!).
There are so many reasons why I love God.


10. I love God because even when I screw up really bad… He loves me. I've screwed up a million times (and counting) but He always forgives me and He always loves me.

9. I love God because if I had the opportunity to move a mountain (not really sure why I would ever need to-but if I did…) and I just had a little faith, say the size of a mustard seed… It would move. I can even write 4 papers, do homework all in one semester.

8. I love God because when I am starting a semester and work is really hectic and I am stressed… He says “I know the plans I have for you—now go prosper”

7. I love God for the ‘Joy with an Attitude’ sermon series (if you want to borrow it let me know, but I want it back- it's that good!) This has been the biggest blessing!! I cannot even tell you. The message has been awesome, just what I need to hear to help me grow in Christ.

6. I love God because He gives me strength, how else do you think I can do all I do?

5. I love God because He gave me a great family. In class last night the Professor which would you choose in a burning house, “your dying grandmother or $5 million”, they answered the money. YIKES! That scares me. I am blessed, I have a great family, we are all pretty emotional but at the end of the day or in a burning fire, we'd value each other over any amount of money in a house. My question to the class was, 'how do you know your grandmother doesn't have TWICE that much in a bank?'

4. I love God for the awesome music He lets me borrow to worship Him. Music is just awesome, when I let the world (it's my DECISION) steal my joy, music restores it. 'How Great is Our God?" He's SO Good!!

3. I love God for Phyllis. How come I got so blessed with an awesome kid. It's only by God's grace, mercy, and love that I got her.

2. I love God for His grace and mercy. I screw up (see 10 & 3). Only by His love and mercy do I not get what I deserve.

1. I love God because He loved me first!

So it all comes back to my question...

WHAT DO PEOPLE DO WITHOUT A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD???

As we were in class, we discussed many things... And many times in the class people said, “what’s wrong with people these days?” my answer was always the same (so much so that they told me to stop saying it- I don't think they were comfortable with their position) “people don’t have a relationship with Jesus”. Many know that the first Sunday School lesson I learned was “the great commission”. And I don’t really think it was an accident how that worked. People need God in their lives, I am not talking about heading to the nearest steeple, saying a few prayers, and then back to business as usual. I am talking about a true relationship with Jesus. He gets accepted in their hearts, and He lives there. We turn to His word when we have a problem. We draw on Him when we need strength. We love Him.
So maybe I’ve rambled… it was a wake up call to me that I haven’t been doing as much loving and spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ as I should, lead by example.
And for the record, I have way more than 10 reasons why I love God… that was just a start.
Dear God,
It’s me again, I know I didn’t draw on Your strength like I should. Sorry. Thanks for all the blessings today, Lord. I won’t bore everyone with them now, but we’ll talk later. I just want to say Lord, I hear You, Lord. I will do Your will. I will go make disciples of all nations, I will show them the love You have for us. I won’t just tell them Lord, I promise, I will show them. Thank you again Lord for the awesome opportunities You give me everyday. I love You
.


Matthew 28:16-20 16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Comments