“You have a beautiful face…”

I didn’t know what to say, I was so EMBARRASSED!! Mostly because I don’t know what is meant by that…

Is it, “you’re really pretty, but you’re fat!” or what? I am not good at taking compliments if you haven't figured it out...

I just said “thank you”.

I never think of myself has pretty or beautiful. On a good day, maybe cute, but past that… ah…

When I was younger, I was always “the sweet one”… but when you are younger, you want to be “the pretty one”. We all want to be the pretty one. I was never the pretty one. EVER. No one ever told me I was pretty. I really don't think growing up I was ever told that I was good at anything, I was told what I should be, but not told "you're good" wherever I was at the time, I really was never made to feel special.

Now, I like to know that I look nice, but it’s not so important that I am pretty or beautiful on the outside. My heart is so much more important. I long to be the “sweet one”. The one that people are drawn to because their smile is inviting, the one who always has room in their heart or on their prayer list for one more. That is what I strive to be.

For some who have never seen the really mean side of me, it's hard to imagine but if you know the real me, there is always a choice, I can be your best friend or your worst enemy, and let me tell you, if you choose the second, you are in for something, not very pleasant.

I would love to always be the first one. I love to love people. I love to do the little things for them, make cookies, bring them jellybeans, candy, send a card. Those are the things that make me the most happy because it shows the joy in my heart.

Psalm 28:7 Therefore, my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song, I will praise Him.

Comments