5-9-06

“I want to fly” – Tomas Lara III

I asked my friend Tom one time, what super power would you want if you could have ANY one? He said he would like to fly. That would be so cool to him.

Hmmm… until today, I had forgotten about that. Truth is, I never really forget anything. It just gets stored in the “use for later” compartment of my brain. You can ask anyone who has known me for a long time.

I never really cared to fly. I don’t even like doing it in an airplane, but yesterday I flew. I think that people just lifted me up in prayer, and I think God took it from there. I was so tired. I was weary. But I feel so rejuvenated, it’s unbelievable, and though many may consider beating cancer a miracle, I feel as though I was a part of a miracle yesterday. It is amazing what prayer and a Psalm can do for you ( literally prayed “give me the one I need God” He answered with Psalm 18). Wouldn’t that be funny if a doctor said, “take two Psalms and call me in the morning”! Whew! That’s funny!! I crack myself up, two pieces. Sorry. I digressed.

My daughter was in a choir informance (whatever the heck that means, but she sang on stage). For a moment, I felt like the best mom in the whole world. She glows up there. She smiles and sings her great big heart out! And I feel like I have never made a mistake. I feel like whatever I left empty, God filled it in her. She’s awesome. I flew. I cried. I got some of the crud out. It was amazing, and the hole that was left after I cried, God filled it with love.

Thank you for your prayers, thank you for lifting me up. Thank you for helping me to fly.

God is so good.

Your Sister In Christ,

Margie

Psalm 18:1 - 6

1 I love you, O LORD, my strength.

2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn [a] of my salvation, my stronghold.

3 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.

4 The cords of death entangled me;
the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.

5 The cords of the grave [b] coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.

6 In my distress I called to the LORD;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;

my cry came before him, into his ears.

Comments