I hate Mother's Day.

You would think that I have the greatest daughter on the earth (sorry for all of you who think you do - mine is it!) that I would get over my sadness of Mother's Day. It's rough for me. I know it's coming, and I wish the time away, that it will come and go, quickly. I rarely get to do what I want, we always go out to eat (I'd rather BBQ at my house). I spend it thinking of all the cards I made for my dad, for my grandma because I didn't have a mom. It sucked. Everyone felt sorry for me. It sucked.

I am praying that this year will be different. Next year, I think we are going to go somewhere, I don't know where, somewhere. This year we will just go out to eat. And maybe watch a movie (or if something is good at the $1 show - we'll go there). I am so thankful for my daughter, and I hope and pray this year, my perspective is what it should be - I'm so blessed to have the beautiful daughter and family I have.

Thank you God for this cross I have been bearing for so long, it has made me the person I am.

Comments

Sara said…
ya know i was thinking 'bout this. isn't every mother somebody's daughter? i say you celebrate daughter's day for yourself and miss p. that's a real reason for a party!
love you and praying for you this week. happy daughter's day!