I was listening to the radio the other day and the "impossible question" was "What percentage of people have heard God speak to them?"

43%

That's it? I think it's because people just don't listen. I don't know about you, but I hear God speaking to me all the time, sometimes I choose not to listen (which never works out for me) . I started a new practice this year, 5 minutes with nothing but me and God. No radio, no car, no tv, no phone. Just me and God. It was very difficult at first. Mostly I just talked, but eventually I started listening. I called it my version of Psalm 46:10 - Shut up and listen to me, I'm God. That's my translation, not His.

I ask God for a lot of stupid stuff, a parking spot, my papers that I could not find yesterday, He literally said, "Go downstairs", I kid you not, I walked down the stairs and there they were.

I ask God for a lot of big stuff, watch over Phyllis, take care of my friends and family. Healing for the sick. Lots of stuff.

I sing praises to Him in Joy and Happiness, I cry out to Him when I am sad.

I think He speaks to us all, we just don't always listen.

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know He is God or my version - Shut up and listen to me, I'm God. Whichever works for you.

Deut 30:20 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Comments