I'm not invincible.

I grow weary.

I didn't write yesterday. Or the day before. I was too tired. I wondered if anyone even noticed...

I have learned quite a lot over the last two years of giving all I have to everything; school, work, Phyllis, church, family, friends... spreading myself too thin... not saying no when I should have. Trying not to feel guilty when I did manage to say no, and stick to it. The greatest lesson I learned in school was nothing from a book.

I've learned...

that it's ok to ask people for help because I can't do it all (imagine that!)

It's ok to say no, it's not serving or a blessing if I'm grumbling (can you believe it??)

I've learned that it's about week 7 in every semester that God makes some kind of break in the schedule so I can go to Prayer Service and regroup.

I need to speak up when something is bothering me... not wait until I explode.

I've learned that people really love me.

Mostly though, I've learned that God is everything, He never empties, He is always full, always there to ask for help, to ask for wisdom, to ask for strength. I've learned to look inward and upward. I've learned that I will never win the strongest contest, there is always One stronger, and the best thing? I can draw off that strength. I know that He can carry me when I am too tired to go on. I know He can fill me up when I am empty.

God is Everlasting.

Psalm 102:11-12 11 My days are like the evening shadow; I wither away like grass. 12 But you, O LORD, sit enthroned forever; your renown endures through all generations

Comments

Pat said…
YOOO HOOO, where are you? I miss your daily blogs! Waiting for a brand new freshly submitted entry from you...don't let me down!