I've been gone since Friday... sorry I haven't written....

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, a lot of praying. Trying to figure out exactly it is that I belong. I know it sounds very odd, but I don't really feel like I fit in anywhere. I can be like a chameleon and blend in anywhere. I can be blue, brown, green, just don't ask me to be pink, I can't do that.

There are a lot of layers to me, a few peeled back depending on how much I feel like I can trust someone. A lot of walls built up because of people who I thought I could trust.

I'm stuck because I feel like my skin of the chameleon is tired of changing. I know it sounds weird, I know who I am, but people have a different view of me or they want me to be something that I don't know if I can be. Does that make sense?

Let's start with being a Christian. I am a Christian, my walk may be long, but there is no doubt who my heart belongs to. Maybe I don't have the best testimony everyday, for one, I can cuss like a sailor, I'm not proud of it, but I do. There are many a bad choice I have made, and many that come up to me everyday, and I sometimes would like to make the wrong choice, it seems more fun. With all my mistakes, I know who my heart belongs to, I know who I am following, but my growth needs to come from Him, I need to listen to Him, not who everyone else wants me to be.

Let's move on to being a mother. A task that I take very seriously. A task that I constantly second guess myself on. Everyday. How will the decisions I make today, affect the outcome of the beautiful, beautiful (I say it once for external beauty and once for internal beauty). I think I am a pretty good mom, I have raised ‘the princess and the pea’ daughter, but I think she’s doing all right.

I sometimes feel like I am constantly in a state of keeping everyone happy. Sometimes I feel like while I am trying to keep everyone else happy, I feel like I lose myself. I feel like I know who I am but because it’s not the norm, I feel like everyone is trying to change me. But I truly feel like all the mishaps, God has taken them all, and made good of them.
I know who I am, if only I could get those around me to realize I like who I am. I may not be perfect, but God is working in me everyday.

Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Comments

Pat said…
Thank you for returning, it's good to hear from you again. I don't think what you're feeling is unusual, we all experience the same thoughts from time to time. Your scripture quote is perfect for the season your in, take strength in it and know beyond a doubt your a daughter of the King!
suprwmn said…
You don't know me, I pressed 'next blog' on the top of the screen (something I never do) and yours popped up. I felt like I wrote it, it is where I am at in my life, and somewhow it encouraged me. Thank you.