Busier is not better

Had dinner with a good friend last night. Must be, I drove to Toledo. He has one of those geek-box-phone things. He loves those geeky gadgets. I asked him if it made is life better. He said, it's made my life busier. That's not what I asked, did it make your life better. "I don't know what better is". My heart cracked a little. What is better I thought? Its not busier. Busy can keep you (at least it does me) from addressing the things that need to be addressed, and I can tell you, while I was in school (here we go again!) working, trying to do everything else, my life was not BETTER, it required a lot of holding onto God - ok He was holding on to me. And when I was done, there was.... silence. Everyone said it would not take long to fill my time. They were right. It didn't. I filled it with dinners with friends, beaches, walking, and doing things that I missed doing. In my 5 minutes of silence with God, I know 5 minutes doesn't sound like much, but it's a start, I learned being silent, doing the things I enjoy, reading a book, watching kids pick through sea shells, that is better. Busier is not better.

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know I am God.


P.S. I am still having the BBQ on Sept 16.
Dave- you got garbage detail
Sara- you are in charge of singing AND dancing
Tiny- bring your camera
And everyone else, just show up (with a chair) and I'll have food and CHEESECAKE - 2 kinds

Comments

Margie said…
dave - don't you know the coordinator? maybe she can switch your schedule.
KayMac said…
good reminder margie
Sara said…
metrosouth at the park on sunday!! anybody coming?
p.s. busy don't mean good, does it?
Sara said…
ok, crazy margie has another blog!! did everyone know this but me? who else out there has multiple secret blogs?