“Feelings, wo-o-o feelings” – Gemini

When I have the extreme feeling of joy or happiness, I know that I am experiencing what God had intend, BUT when I am feeling tired, hurt, or angry, I know that I will not act as though God intended.

I hurt someone’s feelings. I didn’t do it on purpose. I’m sorry (you know who you are).

I could make excuses about why. They don’t matter. The truth of the matter is that once someone has the perception that the hurt feelings are on purpose or that there is deliberate intent to hurt feelings more, it just festers. Over and over again. And the real truth of the matter is that I am sorry.

I have learned in my short 33 years that it’s usually a perception issue. I can say that when I am tired or stressed out that I don’t have good perception. What I think is happening is no where NEAR what really happened. When I am excited and someone doesn’t share my enthusiasm, then I perceive that they don’t care, I don’t take into account what stress or worry they have on their mind.

A lot of times, I get my feelings hurt and I feel that I just need to forgive without anyone asking because I am sure I hurt people and don't even realize it.

And this is where I need to pray. I need to ask God to show me the truth, because after all, He is the way, the TRUTH, and the life (John 14:6). I need to breath and think when I am tired, I need to realize that on the other end is someone who goes through trials and maybe they are in one. And I need to pray that I can be excited and encouraging to those around me who I love and want to be joyful with.

People care, they love, and they hurt us. It happens. And that is why we are supposed to forgive 7*77 times (Matthew 18:21-22). Love like Jesus, forgive like Jesus (Matthew 11:25-26).

So, Sister, you know who you are, you know I love you. And I’m sorry, I hope you can forgive me. And I fixed my blog, I didn’t mean to leave you out. And I am thankful you taught me all those scripture.

James 1:19 19My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

Comments

Sara said…
this is such good stuff to remind ourselves of. the defensive part of me always wants to justify myself. you have such a sweet spirit to skip that mess and just aim for reconciliation. after all, we're living on the ultimate reconciliation; aren't we?
love you!