I have one more class left, and I will be done with school…

It seems anti-climactic. What did I think? I didn’t want a party… I will be spending my afternoon with kids holding signs and red duct tape over their mouth (which is how teenagers should always be – just kidding). I love spending time with the kids, it’s my choice to do that… But it would be nice to maybe have dinner on Saturday or something. I don’t know.

I don’t know why I was there. I ended up with some lessons I may have never learned, a lot of prayer time with God, and a stupid piece of paper… A BS in BS… just kidding a BS in Business Management or something like that. As I reflect over the last 21 months… I learned I can’t do it all. I learned to ask for help, but I still don’t do that well. Maybe I was there to lift Carole in prayer and watch her awesome victory of the “C” word. Maybe it was to pray for Denise’s healing, pray for Jamie’s uncle who was in bad health, and didn’t know Jesus (now he’s healthy and he loves Jesus), help Keith understand why Christianity is the only way. I learned that it’s important to speak about what’s bothering me before I unravel, explode, or implode. I know whatever the reason, God wanted me THERE and HERE. It’s been a long 21 months. And about 30 lbs more than where I started.

It’s over, and I guess I should take pleasure in knowing… no more homework… no more papers… no more missing life groups, prayer service, and other cool stuff on Wednesday nights, I will get to watch American Idol, run errands on Saturday mornings, or sleep in, or even watch 90210. It will be great, it seems almost impossible to comprehend.

But you think rose petals could fall from the sky or something??


Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him! —Psalm 34:8

Comments

Sara said…
i am so PROUD of you. you inspire me baby!