I have two friends, well, I have more than two friends, but today... it's about them. Erica and Dani (it's a guy). They have been my friends the longest. Erica since Kindergarten, Dani since the summer before 6th grade (we were 12).

These are two friends who know me better than anyone else. They know every heartache and joy I have ever had. They know that deep down inside I am still the girl I was in 6th grade. They know that I enjoy making sure everyone is taken care of, they know that I really don't like to be silly, just have fun. They don't make me try things that will take me so far out of my comfort zone that even if I end up having fun, I will feel uncomfortable, and NEVER want to do it again.

Our code of friendship is unbelievable. It's a tie that binds.

I went with Erica to catechism every Monday to St. Barbara's. We then went to her g-ma's and had pork chops or stuffed peppers (by the way, they were the BEST!). We cried together, got our periods at the same time, sang crazy songs, sat on the porch during the summers, she was great, and she still is. I know that I can call her, rain or shine, and she's there. Whether it's been 6 minutes or 6 months since I've talked to her. I'm sure I've made her mad, and I'm sure she has made me mad too, but honestly, I can't remember that. I love her. I think of her almost everyday and those beautiful kids.

Dani, he's unbelievable. He is my rock. It's hard to believe for some that I could be such good friends with someone in Federal Prison. It's sometimes unbelievable to me. He was probably my first love, probably no probably about it, he was. I still love him. I think he's great, he's honest, he's loyal, he tries to protect me. He teaches me, he gives me new perspective. He loves me. Like no other. It's hard to describe what we have to put into words. It's amazing. We can leave it at that.

God brings people in your life that sometimes you don't know if they will stay for a week, a year, or a lifetime. How blessed I am to have them!

Scripture - same as yesterday.
Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves for all times.

Comments