If I had to pick a favorite season, I would be hard pressed.

Winter is just too darn long. It’s cold. But snow glistening on the trees after a fresh snow. Snowmen. Christmas. Two really fabulous people have birthdays in Winter.

I love Summer for the endless days and nights, for the warm nights, boating, sunshine, and beaches.

I love Fall for the harvest and apples, cooling brisk weather. Thanksgiving.

But Spring, it’s always a surprise. I anxiously await what will pop through the ground and the beauty that graces us is amazing to watch. It’s a time that seems endless with opportunities. I love spring. Sweatshirts and shorts, and T-shirts are well on their way. Walks. Flowers. Open windows and fresh air. It’s a time for new beginnings.

Though sometimes things don’t look like we think they should look. The tulips we planted don’t come up as bountiful as we expected. Our favorite mum didn’t make it through the long winter. It isn’t always as we expect it to be.

So as I graduate, Saturday is my last class, and I am sure you are tired of hearing about it. My ending to this leg of the journey is bittersweet. Many lessons have come from this experience. I stand at the beginning of this season, and can’t figure out how to feel.

During this time, I lost some things. I lost time. I lost sleep, lost time with the kids/leaders at Driven, projects didn’t get done, projects didn’t get done right. There were arguments, there was less time with friends and family. But there was one loss that I can’t replace, and I can’t say ‘I’m sorry’ enough. But at this point, this point in Spring, it’s up to her. She either has to forgive me or she doesn’t. There isn’t anything I can do to change it.

So as I sit here, about to celebrate this accomplishment, I celebrate it without her. It doesn’t mean as much, somehow.

So as I embark on this new Season. I have to trust in the Lord that He is with me (and her) and somehow His plan is at work, in both of us.

Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight

Comments

Pat said…
I think you have made the best decision...you have apologized, the rest is up to the other person. I pray she will push past the hurt and live from this day forward, yesterdays can't be undone...only learned from.
Congrats on your Bs in Bs or whatever!!
Sara said…
hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!