I’m not perfect.
I know… don’t fall over. I know it may come as a shock to you. I know your hopes and dreams are shattered.

I know… I know…

But wait, there is more

I have a crazy month. A month that has helped me to remember how incredibly special I am. A month when people didn’t try to make me over into something I am not. A month of people reminding me that I am someone special, who does need work, but special just the same.

With that being said… I want to be married!! Ok, not right now. I’m not desperate, but someday, to the most special-ist guy (at least in my eyes), the one God put here for me. Someone here for a lifetime, not a season.

Mr. Right, not Mr. Right Now.

So… since all of you bloggers are getting to know me, and I am expanding my horizons a little here…. Here is my list, with some explanation. I am passed the point in my life when I think I can change people, that's why I have a list. But knowing God, He has His own list for me.

  1. He must be a Christian. I am sorry to those of you who may be saddened by this, but I have well gotten over the fact that I can’t change people. So, that is the number one rule. Life and marriage are hard enough, got to have a center. You know, like a tootsie pop (and I am sure God is appreciating being compared to the center of a tootsie pop). I am not saying I won’t date someone who is not a Christian, but I won’t marry them.
  2. He must be able to make me smile without even trying. This can happen in a number of ways, a smile, and funny look, just him. That’s it. But I have a great smile, I should use it.
  3. He must respect me. Doesn’t always have to agree, but my opinion counts (just ask me) and I don’t mean it has to be my way… but at least consider it… and NO CHEATING!
  4. He must love me (Awwww). Yeah, I know it’s dumb, but I am not marrying someone who doesn’t love me.
  5. He must be my best friend. I got some things I am not necessarily proud of (probably no more than most) but I don’t want to have to hide anything. He has to be my friend. I know, another dumb one… but HEY! It’s my list.
  6. He must love family. I got a big one, at least my extended one. I got a few sisters who are a little wacky, he better like family, and possibly want to grow the one we will have together.
  7. He must love music. HELLO! I love music. It’s so important to me, I want someone to go see Crowder with, sing in the kitchen with… you get the idea.
  8. He must like the outdoors, not saying camping in a tent, maybe a camper, but I love the boat, no inside hermits, please.
  9. He must be appreciative. I love to give little surprises. Cookies, dinner, silly, things. But don’t start to expect it. I like to do it cuz I want to, not because I have to.
  10. Daisies. He must bring me daisies. Not roses, they are a waste of money – and unless they are planted in the ground, I don’t like them, I like Daisies. White ones with yellow center are my faves, none of those crazy colored ones like blue, green, orange, or fluorescent pink.
  11. He must let me see all his sides. Even the ones that are not that attractive. I want to be his best friend too.
  12. He must go to church with me, we must go as a family. Please refer to #1
  13. He must let me be a woman. That means kill the bugs, I can, but I don’t want to. I like to cook and clean, he can help sometimes, but cut the grass – I like to, but like grilling, & plumbing, that’s guys work.
  14. This may seem small, but I don’t ever, ever, ever, ever, ever want to take out the garbage. I hate it. HATE IT! Don’t want to do it.
Iknow, the list seems long, maybe I seem picky, but I know what I want.

Matthew 19:5 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'

Comments

Pat said…
That's a very good list...I like it! The only thing I would change is dating a non christian. Sounds a little harsh, but may save grief in the long run. Like you said, you aren't into changing someone, and often times, emotions get in the way of clear thinking, and WHAM, that's the one you fall for. Just some motherly advise to do with as your please!
Ps, I love your positive confessions...this is what I want and God will supply...yes he will!
Tonya said…
I love the list and the honesty, that is great. I stand with you on the Christian stand, they must be a Christian in order to be married to them,they have to have the same beliefs in order to make the marriage work easily, because marriage is not easy. Love ya Margie, keep praying and staying true to your list and will happen with GOD is ready.
Margie said…
You are all probably right...

Thanks for loving me.
Sara said…
much as i hate to admit it, birmingham is right. does anyone know how she found us? ;-)
your list is great except you need to keep one big thing at the top to avoid grief years down the road...
DISHWASHER.
thus sayeth the Lord.
Margie said…
I got a dishwasher for Christmas when I moved in my house from my dad.
Pat said…
Sara's dad is not buying her a dishwasher.
Sara said…
crap.
Margie said…
how about Sara's mom, I heard she's really really nice, and loves her a lot a lot!
Sara said…
finally i have a dishwasher! do you mind scrunching down under the counter top, i really insist on a built in.
Pat said…
Sara's mom is 'up to here' with Sara...buy your own stinkin' dishwasher.
Margie said…
ok well, ,aybe she's nice, but not that nice