It’s Father’s Day. I think we sometimes overlook how important father’s are in a kid’s life. There is a reason why God made two parents, not just one. My dad was an awesome father, although I probably NEVER would have admitted that when I was 16. Except for the day he took me to get my license.

He is more than a grandfather to my daughter. He is a great role model, and teaches her the importance of how she should be treated. They do a lot of things together, movies, putt putt, going on the boat. Dinner and holding hands.

Every year my dad gets one of those hokey g-pa shirts, and wears it with pride.

My dad has been through a lot in his life, he lost my mom when he was 31, he lost a daughter at 30. He had to raise me (probably the biggest heartache of them all). My dad never gave up, many times he told me he wanted to, it must have been difficult being a single dad in those days. I know there are many times when God must have carried him as he walked “alone”. He never dated much as I was growing up, I always figured no one was as good as my mom, and it must have been hard for him. He met someone pretty awesome a few years back, she is a great balance to him, a Christ loving woman who we share my dad with.

My dad is a great guy, I love him very much… And… he’s a huge dork… that’s one of the things I love most about him… but NEVER, I mean NEVER, ask him how the angel got on top of the Christmas tree. EVER!

Proverbs 20:7 The righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him.

Comments

Pat said…
What sweet pictures! Happy father's day to your special dad!