Many don’t realize the power of young people. Many don’t know that this generation, the Millennials, they are AMAZING. This generation scores higher on IQ tests than generations 50 years before. We teach our kids, we help them grow. They are AMAZING.

I am a Youth Worker, as part time as it has been lately. I have a heart for the kids. Not the patience but the heart. I love them so much. I hope that I teach them, but almost every time I am with them, I learn something. They stretch me, I am brave, because I want them to be brave. I want them to learn from the mistakes I made, before they make them.

Tonight was 1721. It’s an awesome worship experience, for the Youth of Downriver. And I am sure any kid from anywhere is welcome.

It’s AMAZING!

This is the second one I went to. The kids love God, they let Him take over their minds, bodies, and souls. You see surrendering to God isn’t just about serving, it’s about Worship, give all of you to all of Him.

I took lots of pictures, like I always do, I think like 70… But I stopped, and worshipped. I let the music run through me, open my heart, ‘How Great is Our God’. I let go, no holding back. Just me and God, how great You are God. How great You are. Name above all Names, Worthy of All Praise, my heart will sing, How Great is Our God. I love God with all my heart, but my perception of God and how great He is, is pea sized, maybe grain of sand size of His magnitude, of all He has done, and all He continues to do. Tears, big alligator tears. I let go, I was brave.

The kids are awesome. Their love is BIG and it’s LOUD, but listen to it. Be brave, take a chance with one kid, maybe one that no one else has taken a chance with. Maybe one you already know. Be brave with them. Do something you have never done before. Learn from them. Love them like Jesus.

How great is our God? Look into the eyes of a child, right into their heart. You will see Him look right back at you.

1 Timothy 4:12 12 Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

How Great Is Our God – By Chris Tomlin

The splendor of a King,
clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice
All the earth rejoice

He wraps himself in Light,
and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice

Trembles at His voice

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God

Age to age He stands
And time is in His hands
Beginning and the end
Beginning and the end

The Godhead Three in One
Father Spirit Son
The Lion and the Lamb
The Lion and the Lamb

Name above all names
Worthy of our praise
My heart will sing
How great is our God

Comments

Margie said…
First Baptist in Wyandotte is my home curhc, but I go to Metro sometimes, I love their life groups and Sara!