My house… in the middle of the street… my house…
I knew from the day I walked onto the porch, that my house was mine. I knew that as soon as I moved into the house, the bushes had to go. Had to. I would sit on the front porch and feel like I had been there for always.

Some may say “it’s a great starter home”. I think it’s a great house to finish in. It was everything I asked God for, with the exception of a big back yard. I wanted a big backyard. Mine is little. But as with everything else, God knows what I need… I never have time to cut the grass, I can get it done, 15 minutes, back and front. It needs work, all homes need work whether you spend $100,000 or $500,000.

I love my house. It’s perfect for us. I thank God over and over for being so blessed to have a place I can lay my head and call home. We’ve had 13 girls in a row for sleepovers, scrap booked, had ladie’s night in, birthday parties, it’s a little squished sometimes but we manage.

I sometimes think, it’d be great to have a big house, a fancy one. One with beautiful furniture, more than one bathroom that everyone likes (we hate the bathroom upstairs, it’s gross), bigger bedrooms, a bigger living room, but you know what that means? More rooms to clean. That is the world trying to pull me away from being satisfied.

I love my house. It’s perfect for us.

Joshua 24:15 As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Comments

KayMac said…
It is a lovely house.
Pat said…
I love your house too! It's full of love and joy and it's also very pretty! What time does the BBQ start?
Sara said…
when your heart's at home, your body is there too. you are highly favored my friend!