My Sisters

My sister died before I was born. She was 13 months old when she died. I am sure life would have been completely different with a big sister. Being an only child, like everything else has its advantages, and its disadvantages. All in all, I never really feel like I missed out while I was growing up, but now, I wish I had a sister.

That being said, staying with the family theme, I have many sisters, bought by the blood of Jesus.

I have many friends that have adopted me, their kids call me “Aunt Margie”. I love it.

I’m not sad about it, as with everything, the experiences we have in life, our birth order, our families, they make us who we are today. We laugh, we cry, we encourage, and we follow the path that God has set before us (if we're smart), He knows the decisions we will make and how He is going to save us from ourselves. He sends us sisters to love us and when we need it, to keep us in check. I love my new sisters, they are the best, and I can’t imagine life without you.

I love you my Sista’s.

Your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. —Matthew 6:8

Comments

KayMac said…
it is amazing the way God fills our lives!
Pat said…
Do I have to sing We Are Family again? Do you want me to be Sister Sledge, a Pointer Sister or Soul Sista...whatever, I'm there.
By the way, I have a brother ~ it's not always so wonderful~ want him?
Sara said…
so dave; are you interested in being margie's sister? sounds like a match made in heaven! glad to be among the sistas.
Tonya said…
Happy to be one of those sista's. Margie you are a great person, and are so rich in love it is amazing how much of yourself you are willing to give. I love you like my own sister.