The Ultimate First Aid

I was driving today. I had a horrible day yesterday, I left work crying, it was just "one of those days" so I prayed. What can I do to change tomorrow? "Use your spiritual gifts that I have given you". DUH! Why didn't I think of that.

So I made lunch up for my co-worker and I. Her seafood salad, me - chicky salad. Spinach, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, etc. Stopped in and got a bagel just the way he likes it for another co-worker. Listened to "Enough" by Jeremy Camp, and "You are good" by Lakewood Worship because clearly my spiritual gift is listening to music and singing in the car. It's going to be a good day. (I also told Satan he needed to leave, he can't be here today).

But I was thinking, isn't God the ultimate in first aid. He gives us preventative medicine like spiritual gifts, friends who are watching us unravel and they know we just need to talk, and they don't stop bothering you until you talk (that's you Julie). Or help like taking care of getting the dog licensed so I don't get a ticket (that's you Dad). It's like the whole aspirin thing for heart patients.

He gives us band-aids like friends that when we do unravel, they wind up back up (Christie, Julie, Marilynn, Kathy, Michelle, Sara, Dad, etc- If I didn't name you, I know who you are, and you know who you are). He sends bandaids for broken hearts like friends & family(see attached list).

He is the ultimate. He must have 1,000,000,000 eyes (or maybe more) to catch us all, brush off our knees, put some Neosporin on it, and a bandaid, give us a kiss, and send us back "next time, listen to ME!"

Hebrews 4:13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Comments

Sara said…
i believe this is the first time i've been compared to neosporin. cool analogy my friend.
Pat said…
You said a mouth full! wonderful post today..thanks!