We are family…

Living life is fun and we've just begun
To get our share of the world's delights
high hopes we have for the future
And our goal's in sight
no we don't get depressed
Here's what we call our golden rule
Have faith in you and the things you do
You won't go wrong
This is our family Jewel
-Sister Sledge

It’s funny to me how big my “family” is when it has always just been me & my dad or me, my dad, & Phyllis. Our picture sometimes seems lop-sided or that something is missing, but when I sit down and think of how big my family truly is, it is almost overwhelming. There is my “church” family, my “blog” family, my friends, my family family.

One time I started writing out my prayer list, holy moly, it grows larger and larger everyday. Sometimes I don’t know what I am praying for them in particular, I just know that they need something, I lift them up, and God takes it from there. He knows.

I feel like the people I pray for, that their lives are part of mine, though at times, I don’t know them in person but in the heart God gave me. I feel like sometimes that’s why He put me here, to lift them up, so they may know the love He has shown me.

I pray for weather, and parking spaces. Jobs and health. Love and Happiness. Finances and churches. I pray for all things as they affect my “family”.

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.

Comments

Pat said…
Great..now I can't get that song out of my head..we are fam-i-ly...thanks a lot!
Yep, we truly are family, and I love it, don't you?!!
Sara said…
i just finished doing some writing about how the people in my life surround me with prayer! and you are on that list my friend. ain't it cool?
KayMac said…
enjoyed this post...so true.