Fitting In

This morning I was reading blogs, needed to write mine, but didn’t really have any inspiration. It will come later I thought... I was on my way to work, and it did…

Did you ever see the movie ‘The Gospel’. Great movie. It’s the amplified version of the Prodigal Son. Thinking about having a movie night to watch it, I own it, bought the soundtrack on the way home (had to go to two stores) from the movie. It’s phenomenal. It was on StarsBLK last night; I was driving to work listening to Yolanda Adams belt out the lyrics of ‘Victory’ (song lyrics below). Whew, that women can sing and with the music turned up loud enough, so can I. Anyhow, I was praising and singing and I thought… now I know where I fit in… probably not where you think.

If you know me, you know that wherever I am, I feel like I don’t always fit in. I have come to realize that life is not a jigsaw puzzle that all the pieces line up just the way we see them, God has a different view. My family is very different from me or should I say, I am different than them. I don’t fit in at work, I have friends there, but my perception is that I am different from them, not bad, not good, just different. Sometimes I don’t even fit in at church cuz I am such… oh, let’s just say I’m “such” you can fill in the blank. Most times I don’t mind being different, I know I am called to be different. I don’t mind it at all, ok, I mind it, but I figure, God has His plans and who am I to mess with those plans.

And as I singing, getting overwhelmed with emotion, eyes were misting up, I thought, I do have the Victory. I have the Victory of Jesus, I am blessed beyond belief that I can hear God talking to me, telling me where to go, I see how He has worked in amazing ways to work in and on me, I even sometimes see how He works through me. I was singing the first Verse, and I was just overwhelmed, He loves me, He protects me.

You know where I fit?

In the palm of His hand.

Victory
I got ,got the victory
I got the sweet ,sweet victory in Jesus
yes I do
He is a mighty conqueror
In him I will trust all my battle's He'll fight
I got ,got the victory
I got the sweet ,sweet victory in Jesus for me
He died but He rose on the third day
that's why I have true victory everyday
Verse 1:
Truly I been through the storm and rain
I know everything about heartache and pain
But God carried me through it all
Without His protection I'd surely fall
I been broke without a dime to my name
but all my bills got paid 'cause I called on Jesus name
You can't tell me that God isn't real
'cause I got the victory and that's why I'm still here
Chorus
I'm not worried 'bout material things
I don't have I just rest 'cause I'm sure in my savior's care 'cause
I know that my blessing is on the way
I can't see it right now but I stand by faith
I fought many ,many battle's in His name
I held up the bloodstained banner and proclaim
that Jesus is the Truth and the Light
believe it when I say He will make it alright

Comments

Sara said…
like it or not, you fit in my puzzle.
Pat said…
All puzzles that I've seen have jagged edges. I guess that means we're all puzzles pieces just trying to make a complete picture. I think your picture is one of great inspiration.
KayMac said…
the BEST place to fit..the palm of His hand!!
tina fabulous said…
i'm the puzzle piece that bounces under the couch and then gets eaten by the dog
Tonya said…
Your puzzle piece fits in with me, I am with Sara. By the way, this is a great posting, I was thinking about it all day, since you told me what you were going to write about, I had to wonder what it was going to be all about.