Holidays like 4th of July, Memorial Day, Flag Day, they remind me how thankful I am for the country I live in. They remind me to thank a guy with a hat on that says "I'm a vet". I'm thankful that God never called me to be a hero. Someone who God calls to defend our country, I can be the one in the back, making cookies, and singing out of tune, reminding them how much I am thankful for them. Truth be told, I could never do it. Sure, I can talk a big game and have gone up against people way bigger than me hoping like crazy that they chicken out before me, but a gun. Yikes.

I never watched movies about war because it sickens me that we don't treat our vets who came home from Vietnam correctly, it breaks my heart that my Grandpa fought in World War II and watched his friends die, so much that I never got passed the first five minutes of Saving Private Ryan because I heard that vets of the war left crying because it was so real. Ok, I made it through 5 minutes with tears and a stomach ache.

To all of those who have served, Thank YOU! I love you, and may God be with you always!

Comments

Sara said…
ditto!