I remember watching those commercials for the Time Life Series for Praise and Worship music. “Nice, but who would buy that kind of music”. Funny how God makes me aware of why people would do that. I got a lot of stories about how I don’t understand how someone could do something… and BAM! There I am in the middle of it. But that’s another day.
So, I used to always look at the song numbers on the wall (that’s how Catholics tell you what order you are singing their songs) and I would be excited if we were singing certain hymns, ok, I am a long way from hymns now. But my first experience with Praise & Worship music was at FBC, we sang “I could sing of your love forever” & “draw me close”. I still love those songs, when I hear “sing” it reminds me of Christie, no one really sings it better than her. So that began my quest of Christian Music buying sprees. I think I now have every Crowder, Germy Camp (yes, I know it’s Jeremy), Third Day, Casting Crowns, I buy the newest WOW when it comes out. I bought ‘B Collision’ today, and I think I already have every song on it. I remember seeing my first pick of David Crowder and thinking “wow, if He can use him, He can use anyone”. I love Crowder, he’s awesome! I also bought the Todd Agnew CD that FCS had for $5 today. It’s really good.
Sunday, at Metro in the Park we sang some awesome songs. I get lost in the music sometimes, my butt starts wigglin’, I am sure I scare people (I know my daughter is embarrassed), but I love it. It’s like somehow whatever is going on around me, and I am so jealous of the band because they sing great, especially that red-headed diva, she’s the greatest, but since I am so nuts, I really would scare people.
I love getting the music in the kid’s at Youth Group’s hands. I love when they say “I love that song” or “I feel like that sometimes”. Music is a way that God sets our hearts to music.
I think I should marry Chris Tomlin, then we could sing together, think he will take out the garbage?
Sing to the Lord a new song, and His praise in the assembly of saints. —Psalm 149:1

Comments

KayMac said…
ditto on the music & the diva. i cannot sing well so i love a crowd so i am not heard. b collision is one of my favs now.
MSU gal said…
Isn't it great that the music has changed! Like plain music, there is so much to choose from. When I was a teenager, Christian music was too "twangy" for us "cool" kids to actually buy. Not so now. Now there is something for everybody and the message crosses over many more barriers than in the past.
Tonya said…
Margie, You are the Music QUEEN. You are really not stretching the truth at all when you say you are buy like every music song ever created. I agree with you, music has come a long way, and it is great.